I have been awarded by the incredibly sweet Iris Hanlin!
The Liebster is designed to introduce new authors of up-n-coming blogs who have less than 200 subscribers to the web world. In other words, major publicity. So now, I have to post 11 random things about me, answer 11 questions given to me by Iris, and nominate 5 other bloggies to do the same thing.
eleven random facts you (probably-maybe-somewhat) didn’t know about me:
1) I just turned 16 years old ::grin::
2) Someday, I dream to own a great, beautiful garden. Once my black thumbs will stop killing everything. In other words, if you need a flower or a plant mercilessly killed, just put it into my care and I will get that job done for you. Without even trying. Heck, I could do it with both hands behind my back. 😉
3) I have two dogs named Sir Ruger and Princess Buttercup (but her name is usually pronounced like “Crazy-Dog-Get-Out-Of-My-Way-Stop-Chewing-That-Stop-It-Ouch-That-Hurts-Crazy-Dog“). Ahem.
4) I tend to lean towards wherever the DOTS are in the candy aisle. The same thing with Reeses.
5) I can’t whistle. When I try to, I mess it up and then keep trying, until I just end up scaring people.
6) Raisins in cookies that look like chocolate chips are probably the main reason why I have trust issues.
7) If there is a spider in the room I may or may not scream, “Bloody Murder”. Depends on how big it is.
8) Nothing beats the Cappaccino at Starbucks. Noth. Ing.
9) I never, ever, ever, in my entire life have ever seen Star Wars. Or Star Trek. Oh, yeah, and I *just* learned how to make a paper airplane.
10) I am soo skillful, that once I cast my fishing line over a power line. Just ask my grandfather about that one.
11) By the time you read this, I’ve updated this post, like, ten hundred thousand times. I’m sort of a perfectionist about things like that.
Ok, and now I have to answer 11 questions.
1. If there was one place in the world you would travel, where would it be?
Oh, gosh. I couldn’t pick just *one* place. It would have to be between Italy and Ireland.
2. Have you yet mastered the art of parallel parking?
Um, *chuckles*, no.
3. What is your favorite word?
My favorite word? Hm. Probably either “Pasta” or “Cheese”. That’s a tough one.
4. What is your favorite season of the year and why?
I just looooove Autumn. It’s so magical. All the colors of the leaves, warm things to drink, soft sweaters, sweet laughter– all makes me feel happy inside 🙂
5. What are you looking forward to doing most this summer?
Teasing my dogs … Haha. Just Joking (sort of). I think just being able to do more fun things outside, starting another 5+ books I won’t finish ’til kingdom come, capturing life in my camera lens, and cooking lots and lots of food 😉
6. What is your favorite quote or words of’ wisdom?
my favorite quote: “It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.” — Laura Ingalls Wilder … words of wisdom: “Rachel!! Go clean up your ROOM!!!!” yours truly, mother. Yes, those are probably words of wisdom.
7. Coffee or tea?
Coffee by far, but I do enjoy tea, too 🙂
8. What is the last movie you watched?
Gladiator. With Russell Crowe. Awesome movie? I think yes 😉
9. If there is one person in the world (living) whom you aspire to be like, who would it be?
If I could be like anyone in the world, I would be like my Uncle Jimmy 🙂 He is just *so* amazing in so many ways, and he’s always so happy, it’s just contagious ::grin::, and he loves life, works hard, and is thankful for everything he has. I’ve always wanted to be like my Uncle Jimmy :: hugest smile ever :: 😉
10. What/who/where is your inspiration for writing?
I get most of my inspiration from other books, or what has been happening in my life. Writing is like breathing to me. I could never live without writing 🙂
12. What is your favorite thing to do with your family?
Oh my word. SO many things. I think I love to do everything from going on a fishing/shooting trip to watching movies together at home 🙂
2) I nominate … Like a Lily Among Thorns
, a great blog that encourages me to seek the Lord and cultivate a relationship with Him.
3) I nominate … my friend Isabelle at Singing4Life
5) I nominate … Boundless
, a lovely little blog to read! 😀
1) Where were you born?
2) What is your favorite line from a movie/book?
3) What is your favorite book of the Bible?
4) What is your favorite verse from the Bible?
5) Who is your favorite author/speaker/writer?
6) What candy do you tend to lean towards? 🙂
7) Are you a coffee addict, like myself? Why or why not?
8) What is your favorite quote/ words of wisdom?
9) If you could tell one thing to Christian girls in our society today, what would it be?
10) Do you bake/cook? Why or why not?
11) What is some of your favorite hobbies to do in your free time?
Again thank you, Iris! 😀