Remember this recipe, the smoothie with the peaches & the spinach? Yuppers, this is what we usually do. It’s easier and faster in the mornings to just throw in spinach and frozen peaches, instead of having to take the time to cut them up. It works beautifully!
And anyways, when life gives you peaches, what else are ya going to do with them? ;)
We found a nice, simple way to do this from Better Homes & Gardens. Steps & Pictures 1-6 belong to BH & G. The seventh step is changed to how we normally do it.
How to Freeze Peaches
Step 1: Slit the skin on each peach
Step 2: Blanch the peaches
- Bring a large pot of water to boiling.
- Fill a large bowl with ice water.
- Working in batches, carefully lower 3 or 4 peaches into the boiling water for 30 to 60 seconds.
Step 3: Quickly cool peaches
Using a slotted spoon, transfer peaches from boiling water to the bowl of ice water.
Step 4: Peel peaches
When the peaches are cool enough to handle, use a knife or your fingers to peel the skin from each peach.
They should be super easy to peel though. You should barely have to use a knife.
Step 5: Remove peach pits
- Using a sharp knife, cut each peeled peach in half around the pit.
- Gently twist each half to expose the pit.
- Using the knife, pry the pit out of the peach.